Feel free to read the "Is Eastwest for you?" page first.

Applicants should have:

  • A Christian testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
  • A membership of, and at least one year's involvement in, a local church or assembly.
  • The commendation of the local church.
  • Evidence that they can undertake a course of intensive study and practical activity, ie: 
    • The successful completion of a course of secular study or trainingx
    • Satisfactory performance in regular employment
    • Physical fitness
  • Willingness for cross-cultural mission service
  • Be at least 18 years of age in the year of commencement of study

To apply

Please download and complete the application form and ask three people to return the referee forms (returning each by email or post). International students also need to read and sign the last page of the pastoral care for international students document.

International Students

The English language requirement standards to study in New Zealand have recently been raised.

Applicants should have an appropriate standard of English, if this is not their first language. If this is the case, they will be required to sit the IELTS (Academic) test. The New Zealand Qualifications Authority requires an average pass of 5.5 (with no part lower than 5.0) for international students wishing to enrol in the Diploma in Intercultural Studies programme. For those with a score of 5.0, students may consider joining the English Language Programme for a six-month or one year period of residential study here at Eastwest. The entry requirements for the English Language programmes are shown therePlease note: For pastoral care reasons international students are required to live on the campus in student accommodation provided.

International student visas

International students wishing to enrol at the college can apply for student visas. Please be in contact with the college while you do this. This process can be quite slow sometimes, so allow plenty of time. Student visas are only granted by the government after the fees for the duration of the visa have been paid to the college in full. Details of visas, permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service website.

International student welfare

Eastwest College of Intercultural Studies is a signatory to the NZ Ministry of Education Code of Pastoral Care of International Students. Eastwest College has a member of staff one of whose roles is to organise and ensure both the practical and the spiritual side of our international students' welfare.

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand so they will require medical insurance cover while they study with us.